Where are the content saved in database?

More
8 years 2 months ago #3916 by jmbouille
jmbouille created the topic: Where are the content saved in database?
The content of each part is save in a mysql table #__nge_parts
You can see all part details in this table.
The html content are stored in the "content" field, the options in the "params" field.
Be careful if you want to modifiy content or options. All is stored as json. If you make manual modifications, you must match the current json syntax.

Notice : if you have two parts in an article, the part content is not stored in the #__content table, and is not saved with the "article versions" , but is stored in the #__nge_parts table.

There is no history version at the moment for the part contents. So be careful if you loose a part content while typing or deleting. It will be definitely lost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #3937 by ssnobben
ssnobben replied the topic: Where are the content saved in database?
How about you have another Joomla component and how is it stored and used with NextGenEditor?

I have one real estate component and wonder if there would be any use of NextGenEditor with JCE there and how that could work together. hmmm :dry: as now JCE editor works for the text field of the forms to be filled in there for each property.

More
8 years 1 month ago #3938 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: Where are the content saved in database?
Hi,
Can you give me more explanations about your component.

Three things could be imagined with a component like yours, with a plugin to be developped :
- inline editing in your front components view, in each displayed field. When the page in your component is unlocked with NGE, simply click on the title, or description to change the values. They will be saved (ajax) in your database.
- create plugins in the NGE widgets plugged onto your real estate ads. For example tabs, list or sliders plugged onto the 5 last ads.
- purpose to your users to include NGE widgets inside your component views.

If you are interested to go further, you can contact me. I am finishing such a plugin for K2 these days, and I would like to make many plugins towards existing components if it is possible.