Ark Plugin

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #4081 by peterstorbeck
peterstorbeck created the topic: Ark Plugin
When the Ark plugin is enabled, then in the content field of ARK editor, it stops at the two turning cogs and doesn't allow adding content.

If the Nextgen ARK plugin is turned off, it works.

Nextgen version: 2.2.2
ARK version: 2.6.7
Joomla 3.8.12
MySQL 5.6.40
PHP 5.6.37
Apache 2.4.34

It shows the Nextgen Plugin in ARK plugin manager
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by peterstorbeck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #4082 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: Ark Plugin
As NextGenEditor and ARK do quite the same thing in frontend with direct editing, it is difficult to make them work well together.
Most of our users use JCE with NextGenEditor, and it is easier and we don't have many issues. When there are updates, with ARK and NGE sometimes we get somes issues.
I was using ARK 2.6.2 with NextGenEditor in my development environnment. I will download the last version 2.6.7 and chek if I get any trouble.

In backend, you should have no difficulties. It is simplier. The NextGen plugin adds a small button in the toolbar. I am going to chek if it works well with the last version of ARK. If we can fix the issue within our plugin, I will publish in the next days an updated plugin for ARK.

I hope it's clear. We are talking about the Nge plugin for ARK. You can disable it to work with ARK for the moment.
The NGE content plugin and system plugins are not concerned and can be still enabled, to render the NGE widgets in the website.

More
5 years 7 months ago #4083 by peterstorbeck
peterstorbeck replied the topic: Ark Plugin
Thank you. I'll change to JCE