Problem after upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 version

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #3999 by dimaunix
dimaunix created the topic: Problem after upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 version
Hello,

I have a problem after upgrade, that not worked, as it should and was earlier mentioned here (I have to uninstall it completly and then install it new and then import data from my old mysql dump into #_nge_parts table). When I open the NextGenEditor, it opens page in full screen and then constantly reloading with spamming this message in developer console, when the page has reloaded.
JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
Navigated to yoursite.com/index.php/de/team/index.php?option=com_nge&view=config&caller=tinymce&mode=edit&tmpl=component&format=raw&pk=13

It has nothing to do with data in #_nge_parts table, because it happens even if it's empty.
Current joomla version 3.7.2, NGE: 1.1.1, Bootstrap from template 3.x.x
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by dimaunix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #4000 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: Problem after upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 version
Hello,
I have just published a few minutes ago a new release : 2.0.0, that shoud make installs easier and fix some problems.
So please download it and try again.
You sould have less problems. If is correct, you should see new 3 panels of widgets : Content / Media / Navigation, with about 30 widgets.
The structure of the parts table hase changed, there are some more fields. If you dump old table content be sure to keep the new structure.

Note that we decided to change 1.1.x as 2.0.0. There were so many changes since 1.0.2 one year ago that it is better to start 2.x. The 2.0.0 is following the 1.1.1 with some fixes.

If you are using bootstrap 3, be sure to configure it in the configuration screen of the NextGen Editor component. You can specify wich bootstrap version (2 or 3) you are using in the current template.
The widgets work with bootstrap 3, but there can be some problems to fix. We have used them in a bootstrap 3 template correctly. But if you have any problems, just tell us.

If you have still the problem of page reloading, can you give us some more explanations:
- is it a page in front, and are there already some widgets in the page?
- are you in an article with inline-editing, or in an editor (tinymce?), in front or back?
- the reloading is when you display the page, or when you open the config screen of a widget, and wich widget?

We don't work today in France, so sorry for the delay. I will be able to give you more responses tonigth.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #4001 by dimaunix
dimaunix replied the topic: Problem after upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 version
Reload problem still persists in 2.0 version of NGE.
NGE is and was earlier set to work with 3 bootstrap in configuration.

Example gif of this infinite reloading process: imgur.com/a/zagwm

It's not content or widged dependent. It happens direct on opening widget configuration.
I get always error
Uncaught TypeError: $ is not a function
    at VM29821 index.php?option=com_nge&view=config&format=raw&mode=create&plname=panels.panel&medium=&med…:2
in console. I think it has something to do with jQuery.

There is some strange thing. I copied everything (all files from webserver and database) to my local server on computer and everything is working, even on PHP7 version, on webserver I have still 5.6, beacause still not all componenst supports it. Anyway it's not php version fault, because i have tested it on webserver with php7 and php5.4, same thing happens.

More
6 years 10 months ago #4002 by jmbouille
I think you are right. This seems to be a javascript problem, maybe with a jQuery version. There is ajax content loaded in the screen, and it is this ajax that is called many times.

Can you try launch the config screen for a widget in front-end, then in backend.
This is not the same process to call the config screen content.

In backend all content and scripts are loaded once at the same time, the in a second time the preview in ajax.
You can call it in your browser, your must log in first in your website background, then call
yoursite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_nge&view=config&caller=tinymce&mode=edit&tmpl=component&format=raw&pk=13
All scripts loaded are in the file components/com_nge/views/config/tmpl/default_scripts.php
The result should work exactly as if it where inside the modal config screen.
When the config is loaded, in a second time, the preview loads in ajax in the right part of the screen.

Can you try to check in this page source, if each of the scripts are well loaded, especially jquery.

In front-end, inside an article, to save time, all scripts are loaded first in backgroud before calling the config form.
Then when you open the config form, only the form content inside is loaded in ajax, then in a second time the preview content.
the content loaded can be seen in your browser, login in front before, then calling
yoursite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_nge&view=config&layout=form&caller=tinymce&mode=edit&tmpl=component&format=raw&pk=13
I think there is a problem loading ajax with this content, then it calls it again.
(&layout=form is added, to get only the content)
Can you try these call to try to understand.
Then can you watch in your browser inspector in the "network " tab (in chrome) to find what url is loaded many times.

If it works in local and not distant, there can be somes reasons :
- maybe in local the url is not the same, for example localhost/xxx/yourbesite/index.php
- maybe a configuration difference in php.ini
- maybe files in cache in the browser. Try to flush the cache, or try with a new browser

In your web site do you specify something for the jQuery compatibility '$' against "jQuery"? In the NextGenEditor projedt, we always use the "jQuery" syntax.

Thank you to try this. It is the first time I see this reloading behavior. I know all the ajax calls are very complex and sharp-cut in our project.

You can also send me your log information directly to the mail : support at nextgeneditor.com so I can try myself.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #4004 by dimaunix
I have tested with layout=form Parameter in /administrator/index.php?option=com_nge&view=config&layout=form&caller=tinymce&mode=edit&tmpl=component&format=raw&pk=13 in incognito mode window(without previous cache) and I get this error
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at index.php?option=com_nge&view=config&layout=form&caller=tinymce&mode=edit&tmpl=component&format=raw…:232
it's not loaded in source too. In this mode page is not in infinite reloading loop. Maybe because jQuery call not founded at all.

Screenshot of network tab, that was loaded on the request.

"maybe in local the url is not the same, for example localhost/xxx/yourbesite/index.php"
Joomla is in domain root directory, that shouldn't be an issue.
"maybe a configuration difference in php.ini"
That could be a reason, because I habe web-hosting and no direct access to php.ini file. Just some options from this file, that i can set through hosting settings panel and i'm sure that it differs from my local webserver settings, that why it worked on local machine.
"Can you try launch the config screen for a widget in front-end, then in backend.
This is not the same process to call the config screen content."

Reloading issue happens in both backend- and frontend configuration of widgets.
"maybe files in cache in the browser. Try to flush the cache, or try with a new browser"
Cache is not an issue, as well as other browser do the same thing (tested in firefox, chrome, IE, Edge, Opera)
Attachments:

More
6 years 10 months ago #4006 by jmbouille
Ok, let's continue...
Thank you for the responses. When you call with &layout=form, the error is normal, since it has no script inside. It is an ajax content, the scripts are loaded before in the main screen.

1 - Have you tried what is the most important : the url without the &layout=form, and check if each script is well loaded?
2 - Can you see in the console wich url is reloaded in loop?
3 - I think the loop comes from the preview. You can disable automatic preview in the config screen to check id the problem comes from that or from the main form itsef. Can you go in the file components/com_nge/views/config/tmpl/default_js.php and the find the function previewPart that should be in line 103. Just comment all the "previewPart" javascript function to do nothing. There will be no preview at the right side of the screen, and it will be possible so see and understand what happens.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #4007 by dimaunix
1. Without layout=form the Page is always in reloading loop, but I think if any source, that would fail to load, would be reported in console. There are no reports about that. Only $ Uncaught TypeError: $ is not a function and I saw jquery is loaded in sources actually.
2. It's not sources in loop, it's browser reloading the page completly, that means everything is reloaded.
3. I have commented whole function block previewPart, but preview on the right side is still there (with deleted cache)