Gridsystem

More
6 years 4 months ago #4044 by MartinDegener
MartinDegener created the topic: Gridsystem
Hello,
yesterday I bought the Essential Version. My Problem is, that I need grids with two columns and a ratio of 2:1 for a data-sheet and images. But I find only the possibility of 50:50 percent (.row-fluid .span6). Is there a way to change it to .span4/.span8?
Thanks and regards
Martin Degener

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #4045 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: Gridsystem
Hello.
At that time, We have not a easy columns system. This can be very complex, and it is the reason why it is not implemented yet. But I know it is a very important feature.

The grid widget has been made to repeat blocks with same settings (background, color...), and it can one more that one row. In this case, we use bootstrap grid system, that adds margins, especially at the beginning of each new row. We have changed this to allow changing the margin between blocks.

I guess what you want is blocks on one row. Do you need the blocks with a margin between them like boostrap, or blocks side by side without margin?
Can you confirm that in a single row, that can obviously go in several rows in responsive mode?

thank you in advance for your response. I'm gonna find a quick solution for this feature that is very important. Maybe the ability to add custom css in the existing grid, or to provide fast a simple system of columns.

You can use a tricky way immediately. If you need only two blocs without margin, you can use a widget "panel". In the options, set the legend position to the right. You can define the width of the main body and legend 4-8 for example.

I give you some news later this day.
Regards,
Jean-Marc

More
6 years 4 months ago #4046 by MartinDegener
MartinDegener replied the topic: Gridsystem
Wow, realy fast response! :-)
I know about the complexity of the column-system of bootstrap. This is the reason, why I bought NGeneditor, cause I hoped... Ok, doesn't work, so let's have a look.

Yes, I need blocks on one row. I don't need margins (or paddings), if there are enough css-classes in your code to define them for myself.

"Can you confirm that in a single row, that can obviously go in several rows in responsive mode?"
Yes, absolutly!

I think, the use of your regular grid-widget is normaly ok, but for this special kind of two blocks in one row it wood be nice to have a slider, to change ratio between 2/10 - 10/2 or 3/9 - 9/3.

Regards
Martin

More
6 years 4 months ago #4047 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: Gridsystem
I have find a good way I think.
I have added a new setting in the grid component allowing to change custom width. It seems to work well.
So you can use the grid system, with all the presentation features, and if needed change the width of each block with a slider (1-12).
I will do the same with image grid, and publish a new release I think tomorrow. You can start building your blocks with the grids. With the new release, you will have a new slider to set the widths of each blocks.

Then in a second time, I will create some columns elements. I would like to use flexgrid and not bootstrap. That needs to make some analysis and many checks to be sure of a good implementation.

Regards,
Jean-Marc

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #4048 by MartinDegener
MartinDegener replied the topic: Gridsystem
Great, sounds realy good!
I tried your workaround - a little bit tricky, but it works.
Btw, I believe, I found a bug in the Panel-Widget. Without a widget-title the saving of the widget is without function. After reopening all the work has gone. I would like the possibility to save the widget without title, cause only in this way the content and the legend starts at the same top-position. Or is there a possibility, to put the title in the .part-6-outerpaneltable?

At least: can I define and save a widget as a template and use it with different content in an other article? That would be fine.
Thanks in advance and greatings
Martin

Meanwhile I found a workaround for the title (tested with the accordion widget). I set the font-size to 0 and pull up the class .part_header by a negative top-margin. So I can place the widget closed to the previous content.
Is it possible to open an article with a closed solo-accordion-tab?
The shadow function in the accardion-widget doesn't works properly. If I choose "always" it's only working in the "hover"-mode.
I hope, these are not to many notes ;-)
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by MartinDegener. Reason: New insights