Great start up and share more info/update/pr

More
8 years 1 month ago #3904 by ssnobben
ssnobben created the topic: Great start up and share more info/update/pr
Hi

great that you work with this Inline editor. I just posted about that in Joomla dev group maybe you can join and share your ideas there too..

I dont think people know about your Joomla NextGenEditor so pls make promotions every time you update your editor and share marketing..then you will have more users and more attention too..

groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joomla-dev-cms/giQzWj7fIj8

All the best! :)

Rgsd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #3905 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: Great start up and share more info/update/pr
Hi,
thank you very much.
This is a new adventure for us. It is my first extension, and it is a big one.
Every advice and help will be very useful!

We made a huge work to obtain a sufficent result in normal usage. We worked two persons two full years, with many complex problems or limitations to solve. I will be happy to join the Joomla dev group.

In fact, the project has two main goals :
- bring configurable widgets without programming to make easily modern presentation in all templates (especially protostar)
- go the farest possible in easy page setup, all in front, without need of backoffice.

This first version has a free "content pack". After starting, if we don't have too many bugs or problems, we are ready to purpose two optional packs : "Navigation" and "Media", that makes a consistent set for all current needs.

In a second step, we will purpose the way to go further in the page setup : drop articles, modules, images anywhere in the page. This is almost ready for a next version.

The general goal is to purpose all the editing stuff freely, and to finance our developments and the support with optionnal paid widgets packs.

I will try to promote as possible the project. Any idea is welcome!
Jean-Marc
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by jmbouille.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

More
8 years 1 month ago #3906 by ssnobben
ssnobben replied the topic: Great start up and share more info/update/pr
Great! I will try to do my best too. Already started here and some people have problem to download your extension :)

"There is a listing on the JED for this but I can't download it or access the author's site because my intenet secuirty blocks the site as "malicious"."

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=715&t=906692

Please share ideas there too and get attention to your editor so it will be spread and used..
Cheers!

More
8 years 1 month ago #3907 by jmbouille
Hi
I changed some DNS params for the site.
I hope this will fix the problems.

It seems in a first time we had problems with CDN configuration. It is disabled right now.

We plan to provide as good support. Due to the work already done for this editor, we want to spread as much as possible, and make the extension and capabilities growing...
I made the choice to go far before the first version, to purpose a good result. For the starting I know we will encounter many problems and bugs and that now we need to have a good support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

More
8 years 1 month ago #3908 by ssnobben
Thats good ! Just update and communicating so people see the progress. ;)

More
7 years 6 months ago #3986 by ssnobben
Hi there!

Just come by and checking how things going? Hope you still active and I would like to test when a new version is out too. Had some issues with a complex site I used NGE last time!

All the best! Cheers!

More
7 years 6 months ago #3987 by jmbouille
Hi,
Here are some news!
We have made many, many changes since the first version. They are almost ready but we must fix some small problems remaining.
That should be ready in two or three weeks.

In fact the features we had for one widget pack and to have text frontediting have been deep modified for working with many packs and
with many various capabilities for the frontediting. As we had to modify the engines deeply, it was difficult to publish some intermediate versions.

Here are the main features :
- Two more widgets packs : media and nav, with many lists and menus and image sliders.
- More capabilities in front editing (image change, icon change and article change)
- Config forms deeply modified to go faster : 5x faster.
- slider engine modified (the first library was too complex and had many problems in responsive mode).

In the next free version contains :
- Content pack
- Nav Pack
- Media pack
- The configuration screens contains standard options.

The basic version contains these 3 packs and more evoluated options.
The future pro version will contains a fourth pack : Office with tables, charts, documents management and web widgets (google maps...), and some more capabilities : patterns, direct editing for multi-language.

So we should be able to finish this second big version in a few weeks, then, we will be able to make a big effort of promotion, and I will be sure the project will grow very fast.

Cheers,
Jean-Marc

More
7 years 6 months ago #3988 by ssnobben
Sounds good! Good luck with all these new features! :P