installation error

More
5 years 5 months ago #4085 by thomas
thomas created the topic: installation error
I'm trying to install on a brand new joomla 3.9.0. and when I try to install the NGE, I get this error, no mater what type of installtion form I try, both from URL, package upload and from webinstaller:
Warning
Error decoding JSON data: Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded
Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: com_nge_2.2.2.zip
Error
Error installing package

Any idears whats going on...??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #4086 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: installation error
Hello Thomas
NGE 2.2.2 should work correctly with Joomla 3.9.
The only issue when installing NGE 2.2.2 in any Joomla version is a warning while installing, that is not important and will be fixed in a next release :
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in D:\www\joomla99\plugins\system\nge_system\nge_system.php on line 115

So the installation should work.
I tried today on my local computer with a brand 3.9 Joomla coming from joomla.org and package upload NGE 2.2.2 coming from our website www.nextgeneditor.com
nextgeneditor.com/index.php/en/testcateg...tgeneditor-full-free
The installation succeeded, and I have all functionnalities in frontend and backend.

Maybe your zip file is not correct.
Can you check please.
File name is nextgeneditor_full_2.2.2_free.zip
File size should be 6 024 386 octets
Checksum SHA256 is 4B03D2186A065D4F1451392ED129BE61A1D464638DC6E4776837CD0AEB132542

I you still get the problem, can you check at your web host provider with another Joomla version, or at another host provider.

Hope that will help

More
5 years 5 months ago #4087 by thomas
thomas replied the topic: installation error
It is very strange.. I don't work, and gives the same error, no mater how I try to install it..

I'm using in one 2 other domains, hosted at the same host, and no problem on those domains...!!

More
5 years 5 months ago #4088 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: installation error
The difference between others domains can be the apache configuration in a .htaccess file at the root of your website.

If it is possible for you, you can install the website on your computer or another domain, then copy the files and database with FTP and mysql.
Try to launch the website and see if you get errors while working. In the Joomla configuration, set reporting to "maximum" to see on the screen all errors, warnings and notices.