After uninstall NextGen -> no login neither frontend nor backend

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #4055 by TeeWee
TeeWee created the topic: After uninstall NextGen -> no login neither frontend nor backend
A big problem!
I've already installed NextGen Editor for longer time (several Joomla updates)
Currently version 3.8.6 is installed.
Now I have uninstalled Nextgen via the joomla backend and can not log in anymore.
No one in the frontend and the admin (me) also not in the backend.

That is a bit dramatic!
Any idea?

Regards
Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #4056 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: After uninstall NextGen -> no login neither frontend nor backend
Can you give me some more explanations about the problem ?
In backend, is the problem before displaying the login box or after, just telling you the login is incorrect?
Do you know what version of NextGenEditor was installed? a recent one or old one?
What is your current template?

I don't see direct reason why NextGenEditor can break all Joomla, so we must search to find out the reason.
Maybe it is the plugins. There are 3 plugins in NextGenEditor
When you uninstalled NextGenEditor, maybe they have not been uninstalled.

If you can access to your mysql database, go in the #__extensions table
look if you find nge plugins with this sql command :
SELECT * FROM `xxx_extensions` WHERE element like "nge%"
If it is the case, just delete these 3 lines.
DELETE FROM `xxx_extensions` WHERE element like "nge%"

You can also check if there are plugins files. If yes, just delete them.
Go in the plugins/extension directory, remove nge_extension directory
Go in the plugins/system directory, remove nge_system directory
Go in the plugins/content directory, remove nge_content directory

Tell me if that solved your problem. I keep watching the forum this week-end to find out a solution.
Jean-Marc

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #4057 by TeeWee
TeeWee replied the topic: After uninstall NextGen -> no login neither frontend nor backend
Hi Jean-Marc,

First of all let me thank you for the quick response :-)

1. Backend: Problem after displaying the login box and inserting username/passwort -> return
Warning
You do not have access to the Administrator section of this site.

Frontend: Problem after displaying the login box and inserting username/passwort -> return
Warning
There is no access to the private pages.

2. Former Version of NextGen -> nextgeneditor_full_2.1.0_free

3.Template: Frontend -> jp-scene - Backend -> Isis

4 uninstalling NextGenEditor seems to be complete
no entries in database (#_extensions)

5. Directories cleaned up:
No nge_extension Directory anymore
No nge_system Directory anymore
No nge_content Directory anymore

So nothing to do for me ... but the problem persists

Thanks for your support
Thomas

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #4058 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: After uninstall NextGen -> no login neither frontend nor backend
The message You do not have access to the Administrator section of this site means the login and password is correct, but doesn't have the superadmin rights.

I checked anything in all the NextGenEditor extension files and uninstall process. I didn't find anything special, and in Joomla an extension cannot break Joomla accesses.

Did you upgrade your web site in 3.8.6 at the same time that you uninstalled NGE? If yes, this 3.8.6 version could be the reason.
Do you use security extensions like admintools with special settings? You can try to remove temporarily your .htaccess at the root directory of your website.
It can also be a hack problem. We have fixed several security issues in the 2.2.0 release of NGE.

Can you check theses elements

find in the #__users table the id of your admin account
check the table #__usergroups to get the id of the superadmin group (default is 8)
check in the #__user_usergroup_map that there is an entry with your account id and the super admin group (8)
check the #__assets table. It can be complex. Save the table content, and replace it with a #__assets table from a fresh joomla install

check all the user directories :

- administrator/com_users
- plugins/authentication
- plugins/user

You current Joomla version is 3.8.6. You can ovewrite all you website files with a standard Joomla 3.8.6 unzipped release. This will not affect your database and any stored file (images or other components).

You can do it on a copy of your webwite, near you main website, since the database will not change.

Hope this will help!
Jean-Marc

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #4059 by TeeWee
TeeWee replied the topic: SOLVED! After uninstall NextGen -> no login neither frontend nor backend
My Problem was the same as pklinke wrote in this forum 5 months 3 weeks ago.
Topic:"caution: Nextgen 2.0 crashes installation"

After removing NextGen via Joomla Backend, i was logged out and no one could not login annymore. Even in the backend

Solution:
In the table #_assets missing the record with the id 1 + 2:
I inserted 2 new records in #_assets manually.
idparent_idlftrgtlevelnametitlerules
10112000root.1Root Asset{"core.login.site":{"6":1,"2":1},"core.login.admin":{"6":1},"core.login.offline":[],"core.admin":{"8":1},"core.manage":{"7":1},"core.create":{"6":1,"3":1},"core.delete":{"6":1},"core.edit":{"6":1,"4":1},"core.edit.state":{"6":1,"5":1},"core.edit.own":{"6":1,"3":1}}
21121com_admincom_admin{}
After that login in frontend for users and backend for admin ist possible again.
I am not shure about the value in id=1 rgt=1200??. I just took a hight value and it works.

Regards
Thomas

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #4060 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: SOLVED! After uninstall NextGen -> no login neither frontend nor backend
Ok Thomas, Great! you found out the solution.
Your adding in the #__acl table is the good one.
It is a very bad bug that make some mess in this table.
In most cases, it has no effects in Joomla, after uninstalling the extension.
But in some particular cases, I think when ACL are used in an advanced way, or maybe with other extensions as admintools that are more advanced in security, it has dramatic effects : super admin cannot login. In Pklinke case it was after reinstalling the extension, wether I never manage to reproduce the problem at home with a copy of his website. In your case, it is after uninstalling the extension, but I have not found what is the manipulation or installation made before that trigger the problem.

Anyway. In your case, things are fixed. You don't need to do something more. In the rgt field of the first record, you need to put the greatest value +1,of all rgt records

The ACL table contains the default Joomla ACL, and the additional ACL of each component. The important field is "name".
The "parent_id", "lft" and "rgt' are used in the admin screen to order fast the records within categories and subcategories. When records are added, these fields are reordered automatically in all the records.
When we install NextGenEditor, in the free version we add directly an ACL in the table. As it is inserted directly in the installations scripts, we have set the lft and rgt fields to 1 and 2, that should theorically have no effects.

When Joomla uninstalls the NextGenEditor extension, instead of removing only our record ("name" = "com_nge"), it also removes the "name" = "com_admin" record! It seems it finds the good record for "com_nge", but instead of removing it by its name or id, it removes it by the "lft" property, so removes the two record with lft = 1.It is a weird behaviour.
So the com_admin default record has been removed. It seems to have absolutely no effect in a standard Joomla install, but has dramatic effects in some cases as explained before.
You can see here the records, when NextGenEditor is installed. After uninstall, the records #2 and #49 are removed.
idparent_idlftrgtlevelnametitlerules
100890root.1Root Asset{"core.login.site":{"6":1,"2":1},"core.login.admin...
21121com_admincom_admin{}
491121com_ngecom_nge{"core.edit.patterns":{"3":1,"6":1},"core.edit.con...
31361com_bannerscom_banners{"core.admin":{"7":1},"core.manage":{"6":1}}
283452com_banners.category.3Uncategorised {}

So I will publish a new release to fix this bug, very quikly, in two or three days, after having cheked deeply well all behaviours.

Sorry for the issue and thank you for your help.
Jean-Marc

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #4063 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: SOLVED! After uninstall NextGen -> no login neither frontend nor backend
The new version 2.2.2 has been released.
It can be installed upon an existing version to fix the problem, or as new installation.

In all cases, there should not be any problem after installing or uninstalling NextGenEditor on your website.