The edition button is missing in some pages

More
8 years 1 month ago #3920 by jmbouille
jmbouille created the topic: The edition button is missing in some pages
The edition button is visible on some pages, and not in other pages :

The edition button is visible only in articles, that is when you are in a single article.
In this case, the button is visible on the left side of the page, and you can edit the article and the modules.
It is not visible when the current page is an other component, for example a blog of a category, or a k2 page block, or in a larger way in any component.

Our goal is to make the button work in any page, we try to implement it progressively, that needs a certain amount of work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #3922 by ssnobben
ssnobben replied the topic: The edition button is missing in some pages
I think this is very important if you can get it to work with other components as well. hope a solution for that will come :)

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #3923 by jmbouille
jmbouille replied the topic: The edition button is missing in some pages
We had these days some remarks about the editing. I agree it is very important in all components.
For exemple someone told me his site is made only with k2 items and he was disapointed to not see the editing button.

So I tried some changes yesterday in the project. Now the editing button is present in all page.
So simply : the modules are editable anywhere. If the current component is an article, it is editable. If it is an other component, the content is not editable.
To generalize the front editing capabilities, we could imagine to purpose front-editing in the same way for common components.
I am trying tonight to purpose front editing of K2 items. I could imagine do the same thing for the main cck (flexicontent, fabrik, seblod...)

I would be interested to have some samples of real contents in some ccks, to work with it and make some tries.

The editing button in every page will be available in the next release 1.0.2 in a few days.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by jmbouille.

More
8 years 1 month ago #3926 by jmbouille
The 1.0.2 release is published.
The editing button is now present on all Joomla pages. So you can edit modules everywhere.

A single article can be edited. We plan to purpose front editing for featured articles and blog articles soon.

More
8 years 1 week ago #3936 by ssnobben
ssnobben replied the topic: The edition button is missing in some pages
Great!

Also test on new Joomla 3.5.0 that will be released tomorrow or next day. ;)

More
8 years 1 week ago #3939 by jmbouille
We have already tried NextGen Editor on the 3.5.0 beta versions.
It seems to be working well.

We have also used it with PHP 7. All is correct!... B)